"Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet."

WELCOME TO OUR CRAZY WORLD!!!

WELCOME TO OUR CRAZY WORLD!!!

Monday, July 16, 2007

Linda's Trip - Day 2

The day started out well by all three of us sleeping in late! We finally got up and around and Carey decided to replanted his ivy into a bigger pot.
While he was doing that, I decided to start a load of laundry. Linda was sitting in the living room and heard some bubbling from the sink. Uh oh, that probably isn't good... Carey hopped in the shower and when he got out, the toilet was making bubbling noises and air was coming up!!!! Which leads me to the first of two more home owner's fiasco's! Neither toilet would flush and just kept filling up and water was coming up in the shower and bath tub drains...good grief!!! We called a plumber but it would have been sooo expensive for them to come out on a Sunday so we decided to continue trying to unclog the pipes by both of us using plungers. Here's Carey about at his wit's end...
After dealing with that for an hour or so, we decided to piddle outside and water our flowers and plants ect.
When we finished with that, Carey opened up his deep freeze to discover...it wasn't on!!!!! Are you serious????? Now we are at home owner's fiasco number two for the day! Carey is a hunter and freezes alot of his meat that he gets. We had loads of deer meat and this is all we saved...(the three garbage bags behind the meat is what we didn't salvage)...
Carey cleaning out the deep freeze...

Now that the fiasco's are over for the day, we decided to go get some lunch. We went to three restaurants that were closed on Sunday! Can we just have one little thing go right so everyone's blood pressure can go down???? Finally, Cici's pizza was the place we ended up at to fulfill our hungry tummy's...little did we know it was loud babies and kid's day there! They were all around us...babies were crying and screaming and big kids were running around with their hands on everything including the plates everyone uses and yelling and playing tag with each other....WHERE ARE THE PARENTS!!??!! From there, we headed to Wal-Mart which should have been an easy trip to pic up some pictures I was getting developed...what was I thinking? I had three discs of pictures to pick up and the young lady that was helping me was not the sharpest pencil in the box. She took all three of my tickets and came back with two folders of pics and walked away...can anyone else see the math? I told her that I was still missing one and she was like "Oh" so she turned around to go look. The next thing I know she is helping someone else (not very politely I might add). I asked another lady to help. The girl told the new lady helping me that I had some pictures lost. After looking for another 15 minutes, she came back over to me with the ticket for the missing pics and realized that I had the pictures for that ticket!!!! She ended up digging through the trash for my other two tickets the young girl threw away so she could actually look for the correct pictures! Now this was getting ridiculous!! After almost 30 minutes of waiting for some pictures that were left there for one hour photo, I finally got all my pics and was ssoooooooo ready to get out of there! I was VERY tired of dealing with incompetent people! AARRGGHH!!!! Get me home please!

Once everyone's heart rate returned to normal, we decided to do a little more decorating in the house so we added some ivy in our kitchen to add a little more color...

On a fun note...we taught Linda how to play Wii! She was really good at it and we had so much fun playing until almost 11:30! Here she is bowling...nice follow through Momma L...

Carey bowling...

Momma L and me...

God Bless You!

1 comment:

The Pettijohn's said...

You and your house adventures...hilarious Ash! We'll be there one day, and you can laugh at us! xoxo