"Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet."

WELCOME TO OUR CRAZY WORLD!!!

WELCOME TO OUR CRAZY WORLD!!!

Friday, July 20, 2007

Linda's Trip - Day 6

Another day of practice while my hubby and my mom in law slept in! We met my mom for lunch and headed over to Hobby Lobby for some great bargains!

I have been looking for a little console table to put in our entry way and we found the perfect one! We got it home and it was an inch and a half too big! The door wouldn't shut! Back to the store we went to take the table back and keep looking, this time with measurements of what would fit in the hall. We found the perfect thing! It is the right size and it even has drawers (which was essential)! Carey found it with his good eye! Thanks hubby!

While we were there, we also got a fur pillow to match our throw lined with fur. It's so pretty and soft...

And I wanted a board like this so I don't keep pics on my refrigerator...

We saw this faith sign and both moms and us just loved it so we got this and some more greenery for the kitchen...

Last but not least we decided we needed some new baker's racks. Here's why...when I was in college, I rented a house with three other girls and we didn't have much furniture so were were desperate for anything that would take up space in our huge house! Well, my uncle called and said he had two baker's racks if we wanted them...of course we did! Little did I know the story behind them until later. My uncle lived in a two story condo and next door to him was this older lady. He hadn't seen her in a while and when he was in bed at night, he started to smell an odd odor (her bedroom was next to his with a thin wall separating them). He came home from work one day to see men in plastic suits and masks going in and out of her house...yes, that's right...she had been dead for about a month just laying in her bed merely feet from his bed! Her family hadn't checked on her so no one knew! Well, her family just threw out all of her furniture on the curb and Unc knew I needed some things, so that is how I became the proud owner of the "dead lady's" baker's racks! I have continued to carry on her memory by continuing to use them but Carey finally said enough is enough! We found this awesome pair and loved them both! We have finally laid to rest the memory of the poor old lady...God Bless her!

Our new baker's racks...

In Hobby Lobby...
You can't see me...
One eye guy...
Is that a wild rabbit behind you...

God Bless You!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! The burgers from Carey,s nose were as good as those longhorn ones from Meers!

Anonymous said...

Those are a couple of HOT mammas...

tommie said...

I love those baker's rack...the one I have is from when I lived in that podunk apt in east Ltown..I think I would have gotten rid of the 'dead woman's' rack too! ICK! and who doesn't check on their family for a month....note to self: call Mom

Anonymous said...

I don't see Isabella's picture on your board! Her feeling are hurt!

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of your blogging ability! You make mama so proud of her girl :) KP

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting on an UPDATE! I'm home already! Gee Ash what have you been doing? I had a GREAT time but all good things must end. Sooo I'm looking forward to my next visit, in my private suite. The house is totally awesome. See you soon. Love you lots & more, MomMaL