"Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet."

WELCOME TO OUR CRAZY WORLD!!!

WELCOME TO OUR CRAZY WORLD!!!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Peanut Brittle

It's Christmas Candy time!!!! Last night I learned how to make Peanut Brittle from my mom and my Papa. They make the best brittle EVER! I like how it is flakey and not so chewey! I decided to share the recipe with you. Let me know if you make it and how it turns out! Happy Cooking!

Papa's Peanut Brittle

Ingrediants -
1 quart unsalted raw peanuts with hull
3 cups sugar
1 cup white corn syrup
1/2 cup water
1 dash of salt
3 tsps baking soda
Stick of butter
Cooking Thermometer
Two Cookie Sheets

Butter the cookie sheets first. Then combine the water, syrup and sugar and salt and put the stove on high. Using the cooking thermometer, let it cook to 238 degrees stirring slowly but constantly. Once it is 238 degrees, add the peanuts. Continue to stir slowly and constantly until it reaches 300 degrees. Add baking soda and begin to stir quickly as it rises for about 30 seconds. Pour mixture onto two cookie sheets (two people should do this...it is VERY hot and difficult to do alone.) Immediately shake the cookie sheets to spread the mixture out. Put the cookie sheets somewhere until they cool (we use the garage since it is cold!) The peanut brittle will slide right off the cookie sheet when cooled. Place in bag and break to your liking.

God Bless You!

4 comments:

The Pettijohn's said...

Ash! Thanks! You are helping start our blog-world recipe exhange :)

The Pettijohn's said...

oh! and uh...I need exact measurements. a "dash"! you're toying with my professionalism in the kitchen, when you use a "dash" or a "pinch"!

tommie said...

this looks good, I might have to try it...we tried to make pralines one year and it was a mess. My fudge recipe does not use a thermometer and I love it!

It cracks me up that you are becoming so domestic!

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

Hi Ashlee, I got your blog info from Nat and JR. I'm buying the stuff to make your recipe today!! I LOVE peanut brittle...thanks! Look forward to getting to know you with all the wedding stuff! I've heard a lot about you guys!